Dr. Shinshan Wang is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor who practices Functional Medicine. She believes in a holistic, patient-centered approach to healthcare and views the doctor-patient relationship as a partnership. She believes in using a gentle approach to help her patients achieve healing, wellness, and longevity.
Dr. Wang utilizes both the science-based analytical tools of Function Medicine with the powerful healing medicines of Nature. The synergy of these two medicines serve as an effective means of illness prevention and treatment of many metabolic, immunological, digestive, and neurological dis-eases. Some of Dr. Wang's tools include the use of medical nutrition, healthy lifestyle changes, stress-management techniques, nutritional supplements, detoxification programs, botanical herbs, hydrotherapy, physical medicine, homeopathy, intravenous and intramuscular injections, and pharmaceutical drugs where necessary.
Dr. Wang earned her Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington and B.S. in Biological Sciences and B.A. in Women’s Studies from University of California, Irvine. She is a member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) and the California Naturopathic Doctor Association (CNDA) and a member of the Society of Metabolic Health Practitioners (SMHP).
• Patient interview
• Physical examination
• Testing blood, saliva, urine, and hair samples to help paint a comprehensive picture of the patient's history and current biochemistry.
• Co-management with other specialists
• Dietary & lifestyle changes (foundational/core for healing)
• Nutrient repletion - use of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fatty acids,
• Botanical herbal medicine
• Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT)
• Co-management of medications and healthcare with your MDs/DOs, chiropractor, acupuncturist, therapist, and other healthcare practitioners